Wednesday, April 13, 2011

October 3, 1953

Oct 3, 1953  Sat

Dear Mom, Dad, and Snapper

Well we finished the parade this morning.  Generals Clark, Hull, Taylor, and Hickey were there besides some Div Commanding Generals.  It sure was something to see those Generals.

I wrote Evelyn a letter and Lowell one too.  I got a letter from you yesterday dated the 17th of Sept.  The first letter you wrote to this address.  I don't know why it was so long getting here. 

They had another show show last night.  Peter Pan.  I didn't like it to good so I left in the middle of it and went to bed.  I also got a package from you, it was a coffee can with cookies and they were sure good.  The boy next to me said his mother use to make them for him.  To bad there were not more of them I liked them very much.  It seems like it cost a lot to send them airmail.  You don't need to do that.  It only takes a week to get here but it cost quite a bit.  They were in good shape when they got here.  A few of them were broken to crumbs but not very many.  The lid had come off.  I never did get the box you sent me to the old address.  Seems like I should have had them by now.

I was wandering about the camera I have in my drawer.  The one that takes flash pictures.  I think it works.  Why don't you take some pictures with it and let me know how they came out.  If the pictures come out good I might have you send it.  If not I can buy one cheap over here.  I like the 35mm because you can take 20 to 36 pictures on a roll.  The camera I have is OK but film is hard to get for it here.  They have them once in awhile.  I may have them send me 3 rolls when I send my film in.  I hate to have you send that camera if it is working because it may get broke or I may lose it some place.  They sure have some nice ones here.

I got a letter from Margie and she said she didn't get the job.  I didn't know what happened because she must have said something in another letter and I didn't get that one yet.  Do you ever talk to her any more.

I have had a cold lately.  My head gets stopped up and I can't seem to get rid of it.  It is not to bad though.

I got an air mattress yesterday and it sure is nice.  It keeps the cold from under you.  It had a leak in it but I think I have fixed it now. 

We had an ordinance inspection this afternoon and they took my carbine and scrapped it.  Said it wasn't any good.  It was only 10 years old.  So I will get a new one one of these days.  Right now I don't have one so I don't have to clean one for inspections.  We have a rifle inspection about every night.

I had a Korean boy here write down their symbols for the A,B,C's and some numbers.  I thought Snapper might like to have them.  I got Snapper's card yesterday and I thought it was sure nice.  Well I don't know much more to say.  I am going to diner in a min so I guess I will close.  Thanks for the cookies and the other package.  I like it very much.  I will write again soon.
Love, Ted

PS:  Did you figure out the difference in time yet?  Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment