Saturday, April 23, 2011

October 19, 1953

Mon Oct 19, 1953 (note: first letter that day)

Dear Mom and Dad

Here are some pictures you can have printed up.  They are of the parade and the Roy Acuff show.  One of the guys took the pictures and let me have the neg.  If you will get 4 copies of each made and send to me I will send back a set and tell you what they are or you can keep a set if you like.  Send them back as soon as you can with the neg.  I want the extra ones for some of the guys here.  Let me know what the cost is.  They might blow them up a little.
Love, Ted

Mon  Oct 19, 1853 (note: second letter that day)

Dear Mom, Dad, and Snapper

This morning we got up and did the same old thing.  We have been digging positions close here.  I think it's practice more than anything. I stayed in this afternoon and worked on the tent. We have it all finished now and our stove in. So we are all set for winter.  It is nice to have heat now.

We don't have a movie tonight till 9PM at Easy Company.  From now on the projector is a different companies now each night.  We will have it for our company every 4th night.  Our company will see the first showing and then at 9 it is for anyone who wants to go. 

I put in the pictures I sent one that a guy took at the Roy Acuff show.  I sent some neg. another guy took of the show and the parade.  They were sure good pictures.  I might buy one of those cameras if I can't get good pictures with mine.  They have Japanese cameras here and they are good ones.

I'll tell you something you might send me.  That's my pipe.  I would like to have one of the ones in my drawer.  You can just put it in a package when you send it.  Those pictures you  can send when you get them developed.  Just mail a set with your letter.  Then the next time you write put in another set.  That will save postage.

I didn't get any mail today.  Seems like it has been slow the last few days.  Well don't know much more to write now so I will close.  Will write again soon.
Love, Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment