Tuesday, April 26, 2011

October 30, 1953

Fri  Oct 30   53

Dear Mom, Dad, and Snapper

We fired the mortar today.  We left early this morning and went up next to the line to fire it.  It started raining after noon and it's rained ever since.  I didn't take my rain coat with me so I got a little wet.

Tonight I went to the PX and bought a few things.  They got a shipment in today.  I bought a box of cookies, lighter flints, a Frank Medical pipe for a dollar, gum, 5 packs of Hershey bars and two cans of Biggs pipe smoke.  If you haven't sent that pipe yet, don't need to but if you have I ca use it.  I can change off every once in awhile.  Some time you might send me that Mixture #79.

I got another letter tonight.  Sat Oct 24.  I have got the last few in about six days.  I got the $2 OK.  You just as well wait about sending that camera.  I might buy one here.  I got a letter from the people that develop my film so I should get them before long.  So I will wait and see what they look like.

So Carlin is on R&R.  Did he go once before in April.  The guys here only go about once before they go home. 

I thought that Halloween thing Snapper made was cute.  I have forgot all about Halloween till just now.

I could make some coffee here if I had any coffee.  I don't know much of anything you could send me really.  May be some pipe tobacco that I said Mixture #79 or may be a writing tablet.  Writing paper has been hard to get for some reason.  I have plenty for a while.  Envelopes are easy to get.  Well I don't know much more to say now.  I'll write again tomorrow.
Lots of Love, Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment