Saturday, April 30, 2011

November 6, 1953

Nov 6, 1953  Wed

Dear Mom, Dad, and Snapper

I got a big box today with all my boots in it.  I got everything.  It arrived in good shape.  The box wasn't dented a bit and had never been opened.  I put my boots on first thing.  I liked the black shoe polish you sent.  I am going to eat the cheese and crackers tonight.  I am well fixed now on shoe polish, cigarettes, shorts.  I sure liked the spice cake you sent in the other package.  It was fresh too.  I finished it today.

One of the guys got a radio today so we have music now.

I stayed in today and worked on the tents and helped with the floors in one of the tents. Tonight we are having a black out.  There were enemy planes reported over the Punch Bowl on the coast so we have to black out.  Tomorrow morning we have an inspection and then we have to work on the area all day Sat and Sun.


It wont be long till it snows.  Seems like each day it gets a little colder.

I haven't seen Zink but that one time.  I got a letter from Martin the other day.  I think I will write him tonight.  I got my pictures back that I took on the way over and some after I got here.  I think some of them came out good.  It takes good pictures once in a while.  I am sending these pictures and some other ones in a separate envelope.  These were taken when I was on a pass to Po-chan.  I took them of a family by their house. 

Well I didn't get my mail today other than the packages so I will close for now.  I will write again soon.
Love, Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment