Saturday, June 25, 2011

January 1, 1954

January
, 1954 

Dear Mom, Dad, and Snapper

Well it’s another year started.  Last night I got quite a few letters and cards.  Some that had been sent to NCO School while I was on my way back here.  I got a letter from Carlen but I guess by now he is on his way home so I did write him.  I got a letter from Don Underwood.  He is with the 24 Division in Pusan.  He has it OK there.  I got a letter from Jim tonight tell of the baby being sick , you also said that in one of your letters.  I wrote a little to him last night but did not the baby was sick then.  I got an Xmas card from the McLaughlin.  He wrote a little note in the card.  I got one from JQ and it had pictures in it.  They are of you all and Daisy sure looked good.  Also the one of Snapper.

What was this about Margie going to marry some sailor.  I didn’t know about it, not that it makes any difference.  Tell me more about it. (note: well apparently Margie and Dad broke up while he was in the army, I gather he didn’t really care that much anyway from past things he said and from what I can remember.)

I didn’t stay up last night to see the New Year in.  I went to bed about .  Today I got up and ate breakfast and fooled around most of the day.  This afternoon they had a USO show, it was fair.  I finished one roll of film and one of the guys in the tent had a roll of color film so I put that in and took some pictures.  After the USO show we had a movie in the mess hall.  I saw the same picture at Camp Stoneman, “The Sailor of the King.”

I sure am excited about going to school in Japan.  I hope nothing comes up to stop it between now and then.  I sure am lucky.  I don’t know anyone who has gone to Japan from Korean to school.  They usually go on their way over (note: like Zink did in CBR.)

Glad everything is OK at home and Xmas was OK.  Hope you had a good New Year Eve.  I will write more later.  We have an inspection tomorrow and a all night problem Monday night.
Love, Ted
Orange-Bowl Oklahoma 7,  Maryland 0 Michigan State Won the Rose Bowl

No comments:

Post a Comment