Thursday, June 9, 2011

December 9, 1953

Wed 9, 1953

Dear Folks

I got plenty of mail tonight.  4 letters from you and one from Bill Anwalt.  I also got the package with the coffee and tobacco in it.  I haven’t got the package with the fudge in it yet.  You said you mailed it Nov 7.  It should have been here Nov 15 anyway.  This package I got tonight was mailed Nov 12.  The mail must be slow because of the Xmas rush.

I was glad to hear you had a good thanksgiving. 

Everything is going good here at school.  I for got to tell you it snowed the other day but by it was all gone.  It is cold some days and some days it isn’t.  We wear our thermo boots most of the time here.  They sure are hard on you feet.  Your feet sweat all the time and when you take your boots off your socks steam when they hit the cold.

I haven’t  given my talk yet.  They had some guy give a talk and it was good and the instructor asked him if he wanted to stay at the school.  This fellow was a Sgt First Class.  That would be a good deal.  I am ready to give my talk.  I don’t think I will be afraid to give it.  I am going to talk on the Phonetic Alphabet.  I am going to give my second talk on intelligence.  A part of it will be about war documents.  I think my third talk will be on the motor.

Some of the guys are flunking the course already.  We had a USO show and they would not let the guys go who had failed any tests.  The show was good.  Had 4 good looking girls in it from the states.  It was the Home Production Overseas Show.  I didn’t hear about the fire in Pusan.  I think my mail comes from around Seoul.

I didn’t mean to sound in my letter that I was angry about the place.  I was just griping a little bit.  Everyone does .

I think the tour will be cut down to 1 year.  The cold doens‘t bother anyone to much.  You get use to it.  Well I haven’t got much more new to say and I have a lot to do.  I have to study a little.  I think I will make some coffee and eat the little fruit cake.  I’ll write you again later.
Love, Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment