Tuesday, June 14, 2011

December 15, 1953

Dec 15, 1953  Tues

Dear Mom, Dad, and Snapper

I was on guard last night so I didn’t get a chance to write.  School is going OK so far.  I have 3 tests tomorrow.  They will be rough ones.  I hope I make a good grade on them.

I gave my PT yesterday.  I did good on it.  I told the class how the exercises were done and then demonstrated by using a demonstration.  I made 70 points out of 70.  I took a Radio test and got 37 out of 40.  That was high in the class.  I fell down on a terrain evaluation and only got 56 out of 70.  I lost 14 points on that.  That was a hard test.  I think there were 18 out of our class that failed it.
 

I got a letter form you and a package.  The letter was the first one that said PFC on it.  The package was the one with the shoe dye.  The weather has been about the same here.  Cold but we keep the stove on at night so we get up to fairly warm.

Well it is not long till Xmas now.  Just 10 more days.  Hope you have a good Xmas.  Next year I plan to be home.  Wish I could have done more for you but I couldn’t send much.  I’ll make up for it when I go to Japan.

School will be over right after Xmas.  I sure would like to make honor student.  I would have to have 900 or more points.  So far I have done good but there are quite a few more tests to go.

I give my second presentation may be tomorrow or the next day. 

Well I have been enjoying the box.  The fruit cake sure is good. 


I saw a good picture tonight, “Breaking the Sound Barrier.”   It was about the jets going faster than the speed of sound.  You would like it.  Well I better close for now.  I’ll write later.
Love, Ted
  

No comments:

Post a Comment