Friday, June 10, 2011

December 11, 1953

Friday Dec 11, 1953

Dear Mom, Dad, and Snapper

Well today I gave my first talk.  I did OK as far as the instructor was concerned.  He said it was one of the best so far.  I still have tow to go.

I took a map reading test and go 50 right out of 50, so I didn’t lose any points there.

Tomorrow we finish our 2nd week and we just have two more to go. 

At today I got 2 letter and 2 Xmas boxes you mailed the 4th of Nov.  Also the can of fudge you mailed Nov 7.  I opened the fudge at .  It sure was good.  Tonight I opened the smallest box.  I sure was thrilled with my lighter and bracelet.  I sure liked them.  I needed the lighter.  It is the first one like that I have ever seen.  I needed the smokes too.  Thank Daisy for me will you.  Also Evelyn and Harley for the hand warmers.  I will use them too.  I can’t remember everything I got but all of the package hasn’t been opened yet.  Thanks for the shaving lotion.  Was that Rum or what?  I tasted it and thought I was drinking shaving lotion at first.  I haven’t ever gotten the packages that Jim sent yet.  I was wondering if his stuff was in that package.  I haven’t opened the other package yet.  I think I will wait a few days. I will be here Xmas unless I go back to the company.  I hope I can.

Well I think I will go to the show.  A Jessie James picture is there.  Last night I saw the USO Show again.  They told us the USO fund was out of money and we wont get many  more shows unless a Company back in the states send some over like Stanly Home Productions.  I don’t think anyone cares much.  I don’t care.  You get use to not seeing anything like that so you don’t miss it.  A good show is OK. ……. Well I just got back  from the show.  It didn’t show me much. I guess I will shave and go to bed now.

I got a letter back that I mailed Snapper.  I am supposed to write my name and the word free airmail rather than to print it.

I guess in my last letter I sounded like I felt bad.  I wasn’t exactly.  I am ok and doing Ok.  I still have my cold but I think it is getting better.  Well I don’t know much more to say for now .  So I guess I will cloes.  Will write again soon.  Sure enjoyed the packages
Lots of Love, Ted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment