Saturday, June 18, 2011

December 25, 1953

                                                       

December  53
Xmas Day

Dear Mom, Dad, and Snapper

Yesterday I finished my last day of school.  We had tests all day.  I think I did OK on them.

Last night Zink, Semonie and I went back to the 5th.  Semonie’s mother sent him a lot of Italian food and we ate that.  I didn’t stay up till .  I went to bed around .  I got up this morning and ate breakfast.  There was some snow on the ground.  I fooled around most of the day.  The guys said I was squad leader now of the 2nd squad.  I won’t know for sure till I go back.  They changed all the squads around.  My squad leader made Sgt and is Section Leader now.  I will have to wait till I get back and see what the out come will be.

           

 
We had a big dinner today, just like Thanksgiving.  There were about 15 Korean kids there.  They ate and then were given presents.  Each one got a package.  I didn’t see any of the things you said you sent but I rather think they had everything.  The kids were about 6 to 10 years old. (note: I was 6, I wonder what Dad felt.  Did he feel any great compassion for the kids since they were my age, did he miss me a lot, don’t know, he has not said so as of yet.)

I came back to the school about and haven’t done much of anything since.  The guys said I made honor student but so far I haven’t bee able to find out.  I did good on most of my tests.  I got the highest score on my PT than anyone.  I made 99 out of 100.  Just missed one point.  I did OK on a lot of the other tests too.  If I did make honor student I just made it.  I think the guys said there were 6 who made it.  Tomorrow I will know for sure.  We have our graduation.

Haven’t had any mail for a few days.  So don’t know much of what is going on at home.

Sgt Hill and Sgt Gretizen left about a week ago for some so they may be calling you  up.

Have you gotten your packages yet?  Well Xmas was a little different this year but It was OK.  Next year I’ll be home.  Happy New Year and lots of love.
Love, Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment