Monday, June 20, 2011

December 26, 1953


Dec 26, 1953
Friday

Dear Mom, Dad, and Snapper

Well we finished today for good.  I was sure surprised this morning before we went to graduation.  They read off our grades.  I had 906 points and I made Honor Student.  There were 4 of us who made it.  Sgt. First Class Gray, 3 Div, was 1st.  PFC Burke, 5th RCT was second , I was third and another guy from the 3 Div was 4th.  So I figured I did pretty good.  There were 56 students to start with and only 50 finished.  I shook hands with Col Miller, Commander of the 7th Inf Regt, 3rd Div.  Most of the guys are gone now, I won’t leave till tomorrow.
                                                                                   
                                                     

I got a 35mm camera, it was German made.  It was brand new and cost 65 dollars at the PX.  I bought it from a guy for $40.  It’s a good camera.  Cost quite a bit in the states.  Around $100.  I am sending you some pictures that Semonie took down here at school, some pretty good ones. (note:  Dad talks about taking pictures and sending them home, but very few have survived through the years, don’t know what happened to all of them.)

Still haven’t had any more mail.  They are probably holding it back in the company.  I guess if you want to put anything in the Inter City News now, go ahead.  I came out an Honor Student so there will be something worth while to put in there now. (note: don’t know if they ever put anything in or not, I suspect they did.)

Well I don’t know much more to say so I will close.  I’ll write when I get back to the company tomorrow.
Love, Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment