Wednesday, June 8, 2011

December 6, 1953 (letter to Snapper)

Sunday  Dec 6, 1953

Dear Snapper

How are you.  I guess you are being a good boy like you always were.  How do you like school.  What would you like to have Santa bring you for Xmas.  Your Daddy is in school now and I am learning jus like you are.  I sent Baba some Korean money.  10 Hawn, 10 Won, 5 Won.  Hawn and Won are the same thing.  It takes 180 Won to make one GI Dollar. I also sent some military script.  That is what we use in place of silver.  They have 5, 10, 25, and 50 cents in the same size.  The one dollar is a little bigger and the 5 and 10 dollar ones are larger than the one dollar.  I got you letter the other day.  You sue can write good.  Your daddy has one stripe now so I will send you one for your jacket and also a patch that I got from the Korean PX.

No comments:

Post a Comment