Sunday, May 1, 2011

November 8, 1953

Sunday  Nov  8,  53

Dear Mom, Dad, and Snapper

How are you this evening?  I worked all day on the floor in one of the other tents.  I has been cloudy all day.  They had a fire at Regt Hequts. this afternoon.  Some Koreans were cleaning a floor in the hospital with gasoline.  There were painting and were cleaning spots off the floor.  There were only 2 ROCKS and a GI in the building.  It blew up.  Two Koreans were burned pretty bad and the GI, a medic, burned in it.  It was pretty bad.  You can't be to careful with the gas and stove.  I sure am careful with the stuff.

Today one of the boys was going to the NCO Academy and he had to check out at M-1.  He turned in his .45 pistol and I checked it out.  So now I have a weapon to keep clean.  I bought a straw rug for my floor around my cot.  They are the same thing the Koreans use for their homes.  I am  getting so I live like these Koreans now.

One of the Koreans went out today and ate a lot of Kimichi and Sake.  He came in drunk and he smelled up the tent.  You have no idea what that stuff smells like.


I bought some Korean Xmas cards at the PX today.  They sure are pretty.  I could only get one box at a time.  I will get some more later.  I only have 12 now.  I think I need 12 more.

I got the Westinghouse news today and that is all I have today.  Not much else new.  I smoke my pipe almost all the time now.  I don't smoke many cigarettes now.  Well I guess I will close for now.  I'll write again soon.
Lots of Love, Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment