Friday, May 13, 2011

December 1, 1953

Dec 1, 1953

Dear Mom, Dad, and Snapper

I finished another day today.  About the same as yesterday.  I got the pictures back that Guthmiller took one day.  They were developed in the Korean PX.  They don't do to good a job but I thought you might like to have them anyway.  I think my first talk will be a week from tomorrow.  It will be 10 to 12 min long. I don't know what I will talk about yet.

I got you letter you mailed Nov 23.  I forgot about Corley and Stafford (note: neighbors.) I am glad you had their address on that piece of paper.. 

You asked about the school.  It is about 2 or 3 miles down the road from the 5th RCT.

I haven't got the packages you wrote about yet.  Not since the Thanks Giving package.  I will probably get all the packages here and a little later.  I will be here Xmas too.  I think I will try to go back to the company. 

It rained and hailed last night and today.  Hardest I have seen it.

I am squad leader for 3 days now.  We change every 3 days.  I may get to be platoon Sgt or leader before I leave. 

I bet you all look nice in your new clothes  I am glad you get to buy new clothes once in awhile. 

I got paid today and drew 93 dollars.  I put 50 in deposit.  Next month I may put a little more.  I should draw 109 next month.  I still have my cough.   It doesn't bother me to bad but enough to wake me up once in awhile and make me a little horse.

Well I don't know much more to write.  I don't have much time to write but I will try to write as much as I can.  I clean up every night and clean my rifle and then I study for awhile each night.
Love, Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment