Wednesday, May 4, 2011

November 16, 1953

Nov 16, 1953

Dear Mom, Dad, and Snapper

I got 2 letters tonight.  One from Dwight (note: was Dad's best man when he married Mom and lived in the neighborhood.  Small world, years later a guy worked for me that was an electrician apprentice to Dwight.)  Dwight said that Don Hodson was going to a Private Detective school.  I sure got a kick out of that.

I went out this afternoon and fired the Mortar again.  This morning we had crew drills.  We came back about 5:30 and after dinner we saw a movie  "CBR" a training film on chemical warfare.

Right now I am drinking a cup of instant coffee.  It is OK.  I still have a cold and it seems to get worse every day.  Hope I get over it before this weekend.

We didn't celebrate Armistice Day here.  It was just another day.

They were talking about bringing in the jet engine plant from the east when I left KC.  It sure would be nice if they did.

I have guard from 2-3 in the morning.  I'll sure be glad when they send those two guys to the stockade. 

The weather today was fairly nice.  Hope t stays that way for awhile.

I polished my boots tonight and have been trying to polish my holster (.45)  It's in pretty bad shape though.  I need some black and cordovan dye.  I never thought about asking you to send some before.

Well I don't know much more.  I haven't heard whether I made PFC or not yet.  Well I'll write again tomorrow or Wed.  I think we have a problem Tues night.
Love, Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment