Wednesday, May 11, 2011

November 30, 1953

Nov 30, 1953

Dear Mom, Dad, and Snapper

I finished my first day.  This morning a Col talked to us and that was the first hour.  After that we had a class on map reading, PT, and leadership.  My first talk will be next week some time.  It will be from 10-12 min.  I don't know what to talk about yet.  I hope I make it OK.  We have two more talks after that, one for 18 min and the other for 25 min.  You have to get 700 points to graduate and if you get 900 points you get a promotion when you get back to your outfit.  There are 1000 points altogether.

Our food here is plenty good compared to what we get at the company.  Tonight I took some fatigue shirts to the laundry and bought some PFC stripes and patches at the Korean PX.  I got a hair cut at the PX last night.  They have a movie here every night but I haven't gone yet.  We wear our thermo boot here in the morning.  They have had 5 cases of frost bite in the last class.  Today was payday.  I didn't get paid yet.  I think they will bring my money up tomorrow.  I don't really need it though.  Well I don't have much more to say.  My mail will be 2 or 3 days getting here.  I'll try to write a letter every day.
Love, Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment