Thursday, March 31, 2011

September 17, 1953, second letter

Thur Sept 17, 1953

Dear Folks,

I got some mail from you today that you  sent to me with my old address. (Sasebo)  I got 5 letters from you.  I was sure glad to get them.  They start from Aug 23 till Sept 2.  I don't know if there are any between Aug 16 and then or not.  If there is I will gt them soon.  I also got some pictures back that I took at Camp Stoneman.  They weren't to good but I thought you might enjoy them. I have some more to send in when I get paid.  I have to make out money orders.

That was something about those bombs at those places.  Have they had any more yet?   Funny you haven't heard from me when you wrote those letters.  I got a letter from Margie dated Sept 2.  She had one from me.  You should have gotten it the next day.  My mail should come in regular now.

Sounds like everything they is the same back home.  Do you ever hear from Margie?  She said something about her job but I couldn't  make out whether she had it or not.

Today I helped build a Quonset hut.  We put up the frame for it.  I climbed up on top and put metal screws in it.  The Old Man took a picture of me up there. (the old man is the captain) 

I took my shirt over to the tailor and I will get it in a little while.

I am glad everything is going OK at home.

I remember Chuck Lenty.  I never did care for him to much.  I knew Bubs was here.  He is a 2Lt.  He isn't a pilot though.

We don't have anyone around here to wash our clothes except ROCKS and they act like they are doing you a favor by doing it for 2 or 3 dollars.  I wash my own clothes, what little I have.  We should get some more before long.

Well not much more right now.  I'll drop you a line later.  I think I have to go on the range tomorrow.
Lots of love, Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment