Sunday, March 6, 2011

Aboard the USNS Meigs-part 4

....continued from August 22, 1953

I figure we have gone around 2400 miles.  I heard that we are going to be in Japan on the 29 of August.  That is next Saturday a week from today.  I hope so because I am a little bit tired of this ship.  We haven't seen an island or anything but water.

The sun is coming down good now.  Seems funny that back home that now the sun would just be going down.  Well not much to say right now.

Sunday-August d23, 1953.  Didn't do much last night but play some more cards and lay around the deck.  I went to the late show last night and saw Fearless Fagan.  It was a good show.  I had to stand up all the way through the picture.  It was about this guy who got drafted and had a pet lion.

We set our watches back an hour again last night.  That makes 6 hours difference between here and K.C..  It is about 11 am now and back home it would be 5 pm.

Tonight we cross the International Date Line.  We will go to bed on Sunday and wake up on Tuesday. So from now on I will be a day a head of you.

.....continued

No comments:

Post a Comment