Sunday, March 27, 2011

September 11, 1953

Fri  Sept 11, 1953

Dear Mom, Dad, and Snapper

Not much new.  Same old stuff.  I still haven't gotten any letters.  Don't worry about it though.  Probably by the time you get this letter I'll have received some.  I know you are writing. 

This afternoon we had a special service show.  Do you remember Dick Continto who was on Horace Height Show for so long.  He was drafted into the army and didn't report. Well he is in the army now over seas here.  He is with special service here.  He put on a show.  He can really play the accordion.  He was dressed in fatigues.  I was surprised when I saw him. 

We have a movie every other night.  Last night I went to see the Prince Was a Pirate. with John Derek.  It was pretty good.  Last night everyone bought some Toddy.  It's Carmel chocolate malted milk. The company gets it and divides it up.

I think I get to take a shower tonight.  I hope so anyway.

I got a sleeping bag now.  One of the guys had an extra one so he let me have it.  I got some pretty good friends now.  One is Besky an airborne guy who came in the same time I did and another guy Ryales, a Spanish kid.  He gave me the sleeping bag.

They are having another Dick Continto Show tonight so I think I will go after I the shower.  I sure can use one.

I wish I could have taken some pictures of the show.  I am going to start taking my camera.  I have a lot of pictures taken but I haven't got any back yet.
Love, Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment