Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Aboard the USNS Meigs-part 6

....continued from August 25

I may go to the show later on.  Captain Hornblower was on last night but I was to tired to go.  Sudden Fear is on tonight. 

We have been out 7 days tonight.  I guess we have gone about 3000 miles.  That's a long way from home.  We didn't set our watches back last night but we will tonight.  That will make it seven hours between us.

We have had perfect weather so far.  I hope it stays like this.

We are going to land in Yokohama Sat as far as we know.  Then on to Sasabo, Japan and be there Monday.  Well I guess I will close for now.

Wed. 26 Aug 53
Last night I layed down and went to sleep and didn't wake up in time to go to the show so I went back to sleep.  I got up around 3:30 this morning because I couldn't sleep.  I took a shower and then wet back on the bow of the ship and washed a pair of fatigues.  That is where we wash them.  How we do it is kind of interesting.

We take a rope and tie everything together and drop the clothes over the side.  They drag along the water and really get clean.  No soap or anything.  I didn't do much of anything besides that today.

.....continued

No comments:

Post a Comment