Thursday, March 24, 2011

Continued from Sept 5th


Sunday Sept 6, 1953.  Didn't do much today.  Played blackjack with some of the boys this morning and then pulled guard for about 4 hours.  Today we could see the west coast of Korea.  We are going up between China and Korea now. Inchon is close to the 38 parallel.  From now on I get my mail free.  Look for my free mark from now on. 

I have heard some talk that if the truce works out all troops would be taken from Korea and the day we land in Korea we will get out in 18 months.  The way it is now everyone after the 1st of Sept stays 16 months more.  It doesn't sound right to me, not real clear.  Do I have to stay longer or get out earlier?  Army!  Have you heard about it in the papers?  Let me know.  I hope something works out so I can get out early.

They have a show tonight for our compartment, Ivanhoe.  Think I will go see it.  I lost 5 bucks playing cards.  That's enough.  I didn't really mind though because I am still way ahead.  I have seen some rough poker games.  Some guys win and lose 200 and 500 dollars in the game.  Glad I am not that interested.  Most of those guys are vets with 10 to 15 years in the army.  Most of them are Sgts.  Well not to much more for now.  I'll write tomorrow.  By the way that round patch with the airplane on a parachute is the emblem the paratroopers wear on the left side of the caps by the front.

...continued

No comments:

Post a Comment