Thursday, September 22, 2011

March 29, 1954

Mar 29, 1954

Dear Mom, Dad, and Snapper

Starting another week today.  Had PT this morning and then the guys that are staying in the rear when the co moves out went to the Bn and go some instructions on what to do.  When the co moves out we stay back and sign the property over to the new bunch who moves in.  We should go the next day after to Co but if there is any thing they don't like we will have to stay till they do like it.  I think the Co will move the 3rd and I will leave the next day.  We are going by train.

I had two letters from you yesterday.  I haven't written Richard yet but I plan to today.  I was nearly a moth getting his letter.  Don't know why.  I also was late getting a letter from Dad because he put a G on one letter and it looked like an I. So it wet to I Co.  It was a few days late.  The 24 Div was in the area that we are going to.  They went up and relieved the 45 when they moved out.  Don Underwood may still be there.  Richard's brother-in-law has moved to the 45 probably. 

To bad about Mr Sears (note: mom's step dad.)  Hope he is getting along OK now.  I didn't know he had been sick.  I didn't know just what you meant in you letter when you asked me if it made me feel better that Marian was coming down to lunch.  It doesn't matter to me. (note: earlier dad had told my grandmother that he wished that her and Marian - her foster sister - could patch things up, I guess he had forgotten the argument they had.)

I didn't do anything yesterday much.  I didn't write any letters.  Sat night I played poker and made $12 in Won.  Lat night I played blackjack and won $25.  So far I have done OK, about $47 since payday.  I have a little more money now for R&R.  I have plenty of Won (pronounced hon)  I have sold about 20 dollars worth and have about 25 more dollars worth to get rid of.  Still haven't been feeling to good.  I think I must have strained my self while working or PT.  It still bother me some.  I went to the first aid station but they didn't help me any.  I don't know much to write about.  The weather had really been nice.  Just like spring.  Hope it stays this way for awhile.  I didn't get guard yesterday.  Will probably get it Wed again.  Did you ever mail  for the boots yet.  Well guess I'll close for now.
Lots of Love, Ted
PS  I may not write much around the 2nd and 4 of April.  Till I get to Pusan.

No comments:

Post a Comment