Tuesday, September 27, 2011

April 11, 1954

Sun  April 11, 1954

Dear Mom, Dad, and Snapper

It has been raining almost all day.  Sure is wet out.  Yesterday we had inspection like we have every Sat.  4th platoon had guard yesterday too.  I had the main gate.  It was a good post.  I hope I can get it every time we have guard but I probably wont.  I went on guard at 6pm and had 2 hours of guard and 4 hours off for 24 hours.  I only had 8 hours of guard.  I went on today about from 12 noon till 2pm for my last time. 

I have been sewing clothes this afternoon and evening.  Just finished. 

This morning Arkie called me.  He had my letter already.  Just took a couple of days.  He said he was going to come over today but didn't have any train transportation.  His company commander is coming over to Masan Tuesday so he said he was going to come over with him.  He will probably come over.  He asked me to come over and stay for a week if I could. 

I got a letter from dad.  Said he had a new general foreman.  You didn't say what happened to Adams.  I don't know if I missed one of your letters or not.  I remember Jack Rambo.

Captain Book sure has changed a lot.  Guess now that we have it better he is going to be more army.  Told us yesterday that (in formation after the inspection) that he didn't have to get along with anyone except his wife and she wasn't here.  They have been giving passes out.  I haven't been to town yet because the guys say there isn't much in town except the PX etc.  I think I will go in one night and look around though.  I sent off while back for a blocked hat in the state.  Everyone wants one now.  



The R&R rotation has been slow.  No one has gone since the middle of March.  Some of the guys went yesterday and they sent them back today.  No transportation from Pusan or something so I will be a while yet.

I got you money order OK, think that will be plenty as I will get paid most likely before I go on R&R anyway.  I am glad you found the mahogany dye and polish.  You can ship some in a package when you send it.  I am out of dye now.  I have polish to last though.

I took a picture of the house girl yesterday.  When I get the pictures back I'll send you one.  I haven't taken any color pictures yet and I  have only went a few.  You got the one I sent I think. I bought a roll of color film and I haven't taken any pictures yet.  So it will be a while yet.

Glad to hear you and Marian made up OK.  Just never seemed right that you and Marian should be un friendly to one another.  I don't know what Margie wants to bother you for.  It seems funny to me.  Jim says she owes him money and Margie says that she signed a note for him.  She should know better.  I haven't heard from Margie for quite awhile.  I got a card from her when I cam back from Japan.  It was a "why don't you write" card and the other day I got a silly written note form he with her picture.  I still haven't written her.  I thought I might have Sgt Wood from my section leader write a letter for me for kicks.  Everyone writes different letter like that to different people.  Simonie writes to a lot of girls that fellow give him.  Some of the girls are ugly, they send pictures back to him.  They are the kind that are looking for a husband.  You should see some of the pictures.  Most are fat and ugly.  He really gets disgusted.

Well that's about it. Guess I'll be painting tomorrow.  I'll write you tomorrow.
Lots of Love, Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment