Tuesday, September 13, 2011

March 16, 1954



Mar 16, 1954

Dear Mom, Dad, and Snapper

I got two letters today, Mar 9 and 10.  I was glad to get them.  I don't know whether or not I can get a W2 form from the army or not but I'll look into it the first chance I get.  That is OK if you have the money in your bank account.  I was just wondering about it.  Don't worry about the interest, I don't want any.  I would just as soon you had the money using it as to have it laying in the bank.  That picture is of Sgt Buldion I sent home. He is a fried of mine and went through the same course I did.  He is not in my outfit.  He is an air force man not a soldier. We had some good times together.  His home is in Colorado.  He is a 20 year man. 

I got a kick about what you said about mailing the package.  Better be careful. (note: my grandfather must have said something about sending alcohol or something.)

When I get back to Japan I'll mail some more scarfs.  I didn't see any white ones like the ones I had but I can probably find one.

Well here is the latest on moving.  Just rumors.  We are going to Pusan to pull guard at a warehouse dock and later move around some.  I hear we will move about the 29th of this month.  So that is about it for now.



Well I am squad leader again.  The Lt (platoon leader) put me in charge of a 57 Recoiless Rifle squad.  I don't know anything about 57s and I don't like them to much but I took the job anyway.  The cpl that had the ob was from the 45 div.  He was asleep one night and the other guys in the tent were drinking beer and making noise at night and the old man came up and had to shut them up.  He busted a couple of guys and took the squad leader off his job.  I don't think it was his fault but that is the way it goes.  The same might happen to me.  I am in charge of the tent and everything else.  I will have to move to the next tent now.  Will let you know more later.
Lots of Love, Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment