Sunday, September 25, 2011

April 7, 1954



Wed April 7, 1954

Dear Mom, Dad, and Snapper

Well another day.  I painted signs etc again today and that's all for the work.  The house girl washed my clothes today.  Did a good job.  I went to the show tonight and saw.  I bought some film and starch and soap etc.  Then I went to the show and saw some Martin and Lewis film called Money from Home.  It was a good show.

They have a truck here and it stops at the PX in town and then goes to the main base after.  They call it Masan Square Garden.  It is a big gym with wooden benches.  So far I like it OK here.  Sat night they are going to sell beer in the mess hall.  Our platoon will be on guard so I wont make it this time.  I got some color film tonight I am going to take some pictures soon. 

I didn't get any mail tonight.  Will probably get some tomorrow.  Lt Wheeler our platoon leader and our platoon Sgt asked me how long I had been a cpl.  I told them about a month.  He said not to say anything but he was going to try to make me a Sgt when I have enough time to get it waived.  He said I would make a good platoon Sgt which is quite a job and call for a master Sgt.  I told him I would like to be a Sgt and I liked the army etc.  I doubt if I would be a platoon Sgt if I did make Sgt.  I think he was just trying to talk me into the army for 20 years.  Our executive officer made Capt today so that means Capt Book will probably make major and leave before long.  A company is only authorized a Capt.  I don't know much to say for now.  I guess I will go to bed.  I am sending some more pictures.
Lots of Love, as always, Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment