Monday, September 12, 2011

March 15, 1954

Mar 15, 1954

Dear Mom, Dad, and Snapper

Not much new to write about but I thought I would write a line anyway.  I had a 10 man detail today at the Regt supply.  Didn't do hardly any work.  That is about it for today.  Tomorrow we turn in some of out winter clothes.  Parka and liners and a few other small items like wool scarf, mittens, hood etc.  I'll have plenty of room in my bay after I get rid of that Parka.  They are sure puttig out a lot of guards around the Regt.  They just about trippled the guarad becasue of the farmers are starting to come up in this part of the country now to farm.  I think that is why we are going to move.  I haven't seen any farmers moving up here as yet but will in the next few days probably.

I got a valintine from Jim and Roslin today from Springfield but no letter or note was on it. 

In a way I will be glad to move and in a way I wont.  I am kind of use to this place but we will have better living conditions in or around Pusan.  I heard today that we may be moving back to Hawaii in a few months.  I sure hope so.  It would be nice to spend the rest of my time there.  If they do they might take us back as it would still be overseas duty.  But if they would go back to the state they would most likely leave us here like the 45 did.  Well I don't have much more to write about so I will close.  I will write you again later.
Love, Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment