Saturday, September 17, 2011

March 19, 1954

Fri  Mar 19, 1954

Dear Mom, Dad, and Snapper

Well not much new to write about.  We didn't do to much today.  Had PT and bayonet drill this morning and spent the afternoon getting ready to parade tomorrow.  We have one Sat and Mon. We sure are having a few now.  I think we are about to move.  May be this next weekend.

I didn't get any mail today from home but I got one from Kiyoke in Japan. (note: that was the nice girl he met in Japan)  I'll mail it to you so you can read it.  I guess you can read it.  They word things different.  I don't know whether she wrote it or some other Japanese.  I had Sgt Kohn, a Korean write a letter for me in Japanese to her when I came back.  He speaks Jap, English and Korean pretty good.

I hear now that we are going to Pusan on the train.  You sure hear a lot of stories about it.  It should be better than things are here.  From what the officers say it will be all garrisons and no field.  Mostly PT, drill and parades. So it will be quite a change.  Well don't know much more so I will close for now. 
Love, Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment