Tuesday, September 6, 2011

march 9, 1954

March 9. 1954

Dear Mom, Dad, and Snapper

We finished our overnight problem this morning about noon and came back this afternoon.  It was cold last night but not to bad today.  I hope this is our last overnight problem.  I am sure tired of them.

I mailed you two rolls of film tonight, you can get them developed and keep the negatives. Just get one print each and mail them back to me a little at a time.  No need to send them all at once.  I will write on them as to what they are and then send them back.  No hurry it would take to much postage to send them.  There are some pictures I took in Japan and here in our company area and on the 10 mile hike we took the other day. 

Guthmiller got back from R&R today , he spent $225 in 7 days. while he was there, he sent $100 worth of Natakee China home.  He sent 3 sets of it and it only cost $100.  I think I could send one good set home for less than that.

I don't know what we are going to do tomorrow.  I think itnthe afternoon we are going out and fire again.  A fellow told me the other day that he had heard I was pretty good with and M-1.  I asked where he heard that and he said Lt Anderson told him.  He is the officer in charge of the men trying for the team.  If I can shoot a good target tomorrow I'll send it to you. 

I didn't get any mail today.  It will probably come in tomorrow some time.

Captain Book asked me if you mailed some Xmas presents for the Korean Children.  I told him you did.  He said to thank you for it.  Well I guess I'll close for now.  I will write again tomorrow.
Lots of Love, Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment