Thursday, September 22, 2011

March 26, 1954

Mar  26, 1954  Fri

Dear Mom, Dad, and Snapper

No mail from anyone today.  Haven't done much today.  Trained a little bit this morning and this afternoon we had what they call "police call" for two hours.  We are cleaning up the place for the new company that is going to move here when we move out.  Seems like they are in the process of weeding out a few guys that don't want to cooperate.  They caught 4 guys loafing on police call and now the field first has them out digging a swamp hole for the mess hall.  They started at 3pm and have to dig till 11pm tonight and if they don't finish they will dig swamp holes for 7 days.  The hole is about 6x6x6 or bigger.  They refused to dig one so they are going to keep them digging till about 3am.  They refused to dig so they are also going to give them a court martial.  Some guys just don't wise up.  I have to go out and see that they did from 830pm to 11pm.  The field first told me to give them a hard time tonight.  Guess I will because I don't like standing out i the cold at night watching someone dig.  Two of the guys by the way are Porto Rican.  

If you haven't mailed for the boots yet would you order some dye ad polish when you mail the boots.  A guy got some boots today and got some dye and polish just like I need for them.  It is Dark Mahogany dye and polish.  The dye is 50 cents per bottle and the polish is 35 cents a can.  I need to bottles of dye and 3 cans of polish or 4.  They call it paratroop Dark Mahogany boot polish.  If you have mailed for them already you can mail this separate.  They have the kind of dye I have been looking for.  Hope you don't mind to much .  They pay the postage. 

I don't know much more to say.  I'll write again later.  Here is another patch for Snapper/ (2nd Inf Div)  I also won about a 1000 Won last night playing blackjack again.
Lots of Love, Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment