Monday, September 26, 2011

April 8, 1954

Thurs  Apr 8, 1954

Dear Mom, Dad, and Snapper

I got your letter today.  I got the money order OK.  Glad you sent for the boots OK.  Thanks a lot.  I had planned on paying for the boots though.  Guess Snapper is to little for the boots yet.  I don't know much new .  We got a pair of fatigues today.  I have plenty of clothes including t-shirts etc. 

I was called over to the orderly room this eve.  The 1st Sgt asked me if I knew a Beryle Lee Webb.  I told him.  I told him.  He said his company commander had written to me that I could stay there on a leave for as long as a week.  At the same time I got a letter from Arkie asking me to come visit him in Pusan.  He only has 90 days left to go over here.  I guess I'll get a pass some weekend and go over.  He doesn't  know I am in Masan yet.  He sent a picture of himself, he has gained some weight.  He is a cook where he s.  I haven't heard anymore about R&R yet.  I can probably go this month but think I will put if off till May if I can.

Well don't know much more so will close.  Still painting etc.  Have guard Sat
(note:  Dad did not sign this letter.)

No comments:

Post a Comment