Saturday, January 7, 2012

June 16, 1954

June 16, 1954

Dear Mom, Dad, and Snapper

I am in the field ow.  We came out yesterday and set up our tents and worked in our area.  It seems pretty good to get out again..  It sure is hot and it looks like it might rain.  I got your big package tonight.  I haven't opened it yet but will when I finish this letter.  I also had a nice letter from you tonight.   I hope Jan makes it OK, sound like a good deal.  That 77.10 is for the upkeep of Snapper and not for her personal use.  The gov pays it for him.  She cannot have it for her under no circumstances and if she thanks she can I have the US Army to back me up.  That school I wrote about was not a paratrooper school but a helicopter school.  I would learn to fly them not jump from air planes.  The other day I went down to the personal section and put in for my 5 years reserve time pay and back pay.  If I get it I will get 324 dollars back pay and 20 dollars more a month.  I haven't heard anymore about leaving Korea or going to Japan.  Yes the 40 Div moved out.  Don't buy a big projector.  You can buy a little reviewer for about 3 dollars that can see them just as well.  Well I don't have much more to say so I will close for now.  Lots of Love, Ted  (note: Dad started taking a lot of slide pictures.  The folks did end up buy a projector, but also had a slide reviewer.)

No comments:

Post a Comment