Sunday, February 20, 2011

July 31, 1953

Friday  31 July 53

Dear Mom and Dad

I got 2 letters from you today and the one you wrote to me at Alameda.  I was glad to hear from you. 

I guess I have finished processing.  Not much to it, just wait around now til our orders come.

They gave us a pass tonight, some of us are going to Pittsburg.  Our pass is just good till 5 in the morning.  We are going to be in a parade tomorrow. 

I am glad you went to the ball game the other night.  Wish I could have been there.  I went to the show last night and saw Mission over Korea.  It was a good picture.

I only got forty dollars pay so far.  I still have about 80 dollars that I should have got today.  Don't know when I will get it.

Well I don't guess it has cooled off there yet.  It's hot here in the day and it might get cool enough that we have to sleep under blankets.  Haven't much more to say.  I will write again this weekend.
Love, Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment