Thursday, February 10, 2011

July 9, 1953

Thurs night

Dear Mom and Dad

Haven't heard from you yet.  Guess I will get a letter about Mon or Sat, not much new here.  Don't know what I'll do this weekend yet.  I might go to Fresno or Oakland.

I went to the White Hat Club last night.  That's a club where the Sailors and Waves go here at the base.  It's real nice and they have a band here about 3 nights a week.  I went with the guy I traded blankets with.

From what I have seen of the Navy I wouldn't mind being in the Navy.  It's for four years though.

I haven't gotten any post cards yet.  If I find some I'll send them to you.

We had strawberry shortcake for dinner.  It's pretty good.

What's new around home.  Have you tried anything with the car yet?  Well not to much or to say.  I haven't done much of anything to tell about.  I'll drop you a line later and write me as soon as you can.
Love, Ted 

No comments:

Post a Comment