Monday, February 28, 2011

August 16, 1953

Telephone Center

Aug 16, 1953 Sun

Dear Mom, Dad, & Snapper

It's about 8:30 here.  I tried to call earlier this eve but couldn't get through or rather no one was home.  I tried just now but still no answer.  I'll try again in a little while.  I thought I would call while I could.  I tried to call Margie around noon today but the phone was busy for a long time.

We are going to fall out tonight at 11 and eat around 2 or 1:30 and will start loading on the bus and then go to the ferry.  It will take about 4 hours to get to Frisco.  Then it will be quite awhile before we leave because there are so many going and it will take some time to load them all.  I am number 766 so I will get on the boat fairly good time.

I got another patch for Snapper.  I haven't done much all day but lay around.  After I call I am going to go back and clean up and take a  little nap.  I hope you don't mind me calling again I just wanted to call again before I left.

All the guys are going to be pretty close on the ship I think.  Our numbers are one right after another.  I think I will just put a three cent stamp on this letter so it wont be so it wont be so long till you hear from me.

Well not much more to say.  Hope you get home in a few minutes.  I am not very excited about going.  May be if I was a civilian again and going I would be.  I will enjoy the trip anyway.
Love, Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment