Tuesday, February 22, 2011

August 5, 1953

Aug 5, 1953

Dear Mom and Dad

I got your letter last night. I was sure glad to get it.  Don't know much news.  Went to the show the other night and saw Kid From Left Field.  It was a good.  Dan Daily played in it. 

I was on detail today at the meat plant.  Didn't do much.  I ground up some meat to eat.  Played around most of the time.

I washed my clothes out last night.  They have a laundry mat here and dryers.

That was something about the bank being robbed.  Have you heard any more about it.

I don't know much of anything.  I don't know how long we will be here but you need not bother about the cookies because it takes so long for them to get here and I might not be here or something.  They just give us a days notice before we ship out.  From here we go on a ferry boat to Fresno then get another boat there.  It takes about 10 to 14 days to get to Japan.  There is a boat that leaves Friday the 7th for Hawaii.  Doubt I will be on it.

Have you heard from Jim or Margie.  How does Jan like the car now.

It seems like it takes a long time for you to get my letters.  Wish you would get them faster.  Well not much new.  I think I will go to the show tonight.  I'll write you when I know something new.
Love, Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment