Sunday, February 27, 2011

August 15, 1953-letter two

Saturday Aug 15, 53

Dear Mom and Dad

It sure was good to talk to you last night.  I went to town with Thiderman and Sipes.  We called home.  Wish I could talk more but it cost plenty the way it is.  Some of the guys left today and the others will leave about 1:30 Monday morning.  I sent a picture of the ship, you should get it in a few days.

I bought the camera I was talking about.  I took one roll already

We went to the show last night after I called you.  I might go to the show tonight.  We can't leave't leave the post.

I should have about $160 coming.  I am going to send some home if I can.  I am sure broke now.  I don't need any though.  All I need is cigarettes and I have money for that. Well I don't have much more to say.  I will write again later.
Love, Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment