Saturday, January 12, 2013

Just a Basic Day - Religion


If I were to be a preacher or priest or rabbi, I think I would join the military.  There are always plenty of sin going round and those who need to be saved or at least brought to the light.  I do not remember attending church while in Basic but I do remember a LTC Chaplin coming by the beer tent just to see if we were all doing OK and hinted that he was willing to talk to us anytime we wanted.  Of course we were not going to admit that we needed anything he had to offer, being the macho soldiers we were.

One other time a minister who was not in the army came out to one of our bivouac areas and held a small little service.  He gave us some inspirational words and let it be known that God would take care of us if we would only let him.  That he would clean our souls with his tears.

That night God cried a lot because there was a drenching downfall of rain that washed our camp site out. 

1 comment:

  1. It’s been a short time since i have stopped at the web site.
    I just want to avoid by means of and desire a person, along with you,
    quite a happy trip!
    Feel free to surf my web page ... Url.Com

    ReplyDelete