Thursday, February 24, 2011

August 9, 1953

Service Club
Camp Stoneman, California
August 9, 1953

Dear Mom, Dad, and Snapper

I am in the service club now writing this letter.  I went to town last night with the boys.  Didn't do much.  Came back to camp last night and layed around the barracks all day.  Not much to do.  It sure has been hot here, the nights have been hot too.

We had another parade yesterday and then we were off about noon.

From what I hear we may be leaving here some time this week.  I'll try to call you before I leave.

This service club is real nice.  A swimming pool outside, pool hall, typewriters, bowling, restaurant, sod fountain, and most everything.  I might go swimming later on when it cools off a little.  The water looks good but I hate to get sunburned.

I didn't get any mail yesterday.  The mail service here is poor.  I get your mail fairly well but I don't get mine out to fast. 

In a way I will be kind of glad to get  away from here.  It's tiresome just fooling around here all the time.

What's new back home?  I guess it is plenty hot isn't it.  Wish I was there more than I was. 

I guess I will be stationed either in Korea or Japan because that is where the next ships are going.  I would rather be in Japan.

I might be gone when you get this letter but if I am not look for me to call.  I guess I will close now, can't think of much more to say.  I will write you when I know something else to say.
Love, Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment