Saturday, February 26, 2011

August 12, 1953

Wed Aug 12, 1953
Dear Mom, Dad, and Snapper

I thought I would take a little time to write you a line.  I have been on KP all day.  4 am to 7 pm. There were 4 lines and 4000 ate.  I might have served about a 1000 of them. 

We got shipping orders tonight.  I am leaving sometime Sat on the USNS Meig. About 4400 are going on the ship. We are going to Pusan or Ponyong, Korea.  It is a fast ship and it will take almost 10 days.  Zink called his wife tonight and I told him to tell her to call you.  I am going to call Friday night.  By the way, don't say anything to anybody about when I am leaving, the name of the ship or how many guys.  We are not supposed to to tell that.

I am going to be reassigned in Korea  as far as I know.  Most of the guys know what Div they are going to.  Well I am pretty tired so I will close now.
Love, Ted

My address for the time is:    Pvt Teddy S McAnally
                                            US55337884
                                            Prov Co 715
                                            APO 2 Care P.M.
                                            San Francisco, Calif

P.S.  You might tell Jim my address because I may not get a chance to write before I leave and after I leave it might take a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment