Wednesday, February 23, 2011

August 7, 1953

Aug 7, 1953

Dear Mom and Dad

I got 2 letters from you tonight, one had my money order.  I didn't try to call the other night.  Did you think I did.  Zink said he was going to call so I told him to tell is wife to call you ad tell you I needed some money.  I wrote you but I thought it would save time if he had his wife call. 

I haven't heard anymore when I will leave.  I heard it would be around the 15 of Aug.  There are about 3000 in our company.  They can't find enough for us to do so they take us on walks.  We went on a five mile walk yesterday.

I was on KP today.  5:30 to 6:00.  It wasn't bad. 

Last night we went to Pittsburg and fooled around.  Not doing anything tonight except write a few letters, take a shower and go to bed.  I don't know what I will do this weekend.  Probably not much of anything much.  I want to save as much money as I can.  I want to send some money home if I can so I can buy a car when I get back.

From what every one says Japan would be a good place to get stationed.  Everything is cheap over there.  All the vets say they would like to go back and stay all the time.

It is nice you had Charlie out to dinner.  He is a good guy.

I bought a crossword puzzle book to pass the time away.  It is interesting after you get started..

What is the whether like back home.  It's about the same here.

I went to the show the other night and saw the Master of Balanting with Earl Flynn.  It is a good show. You ought to go see it when it comes to KC.

Well can't think of much Else to say.  Told you about all I know.  I will write again this weekend.
Love, Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment