Friday, August 19, 2011

Feb 26, 1954

Fri. Feb 26, 1954

Dear Mom, Dad, and Snapper

I got a letter from Mom today dated Feb 19 with a picture that Snapper drew.  You said you got a letter form me that I wrote at Sasebo.  I stayed about a week there.  I was sure glad to leave.  I didn’t see anyone when I was at Pusan.  I was only there a little while.  I tried to call Arkie but he was on R&R.  I didn’t know whether Don Underwood would still be in Pusan or not because the 24 Div is moving to the north to take the 45 Div place. 

We haven’t done much all day but work around the area.  The Captain told us today that there is a new rotation system.  I think they to many men going home and that had only a short time to go and they had to assign them to a new unit for only a little while (like Carlin T.)  Now they will keep you here till you have less than 90 days to go before you are discharged.  If you are supposed to rotate 5 months before your discharge they will send you home 7 months before discharge.  So if you have 5 months less to do they will extend you one more month and discharge you when you get to the states.
I don’t think it will bother me either way.  They will probably change it before my time anyway.

Haven’t got any packages today, on the one letter.  Well I guess I will close for now.  I’ll write you again later.
Lots of Love, Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment