Thursday, August 25, 2011

March 1, 1954

March 1, 1954

Dear Mom, Dad, and Snapper

Had a letter yesterday (21) and today (22) from Dad.  Glad to hear everything is going good at home.  Guess you have been having your share of colds.  I guess I don't know Charline McCord you wrote about.  Who was she and do I know her.

Did you say you claimed Snapper.  I understood you to say you did.  Did you ask Browning if I could make out a tax return.  I know who you meant, Elmer. I thnk his name is Frank Franklin.  I remember when he came into the army.  Where in Japan was he stationed. (note: this paragraph is confusing to me, but it is put down just like he had it.)

We went out today and fired our weapons for zero.  That is about it.  Tomorrow we go on a ten mile march with full field packs and tomorrow night we have a night field problem.  I probably wont get a chance to write tomorrow.

I am sendig you a piece out of the Stars and Stripes about the 5th RCT.  It is a story of what those problems were like that we went on every week for awhle.  Thought you might like to read about it.  The latest is that we are going to move Saturday, March 7.  But where I don't know.  It is a rumor that we are going to Pusan.  I am sure we are going to move but I don't know where or when for sure.  If I find out I'll let you know but they will probably not tell us till after we move.  So if you don't get any mail for a few days you can bet we are moving.

Well don't know much more so will close.
Lots of Love, Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment