Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Feb 13, 1954

Sat 13 Feb 54
Sasebo

Dear Mom, Dad, and Snapper

I am still here.  I don’t guess I will leave before Monday.  I’ll sure be glad to get out of here.  Now I am on guard again.  This is my 2nd time so far.  Hope it is the last time.  Haven’t done much.  I went to town Tursday night again.  Did about the same thing.  That was my last pass in Japan.  We turned in all the clothes we had yesterday.  I got some extra socks and shorts so I think I’ll have enough to last me for the winter now.  I sure will be glad to get some mail.  I’ll be gone almost a month in a few days, so I will have a lot of mail to read.  You can mail that paper I got from the Col and Major back.  I might put it in my record jacket in case there isn’t  one in there.

I’ll be glad to get back to the company for severl reasons.  To find out if I made Cpl and get my mail etc.  I haven’t written much of anything because I have a hard time  trying to write when I don’t get any mail.  Not much of anything to write about camp.

I went to the show last night and saw Band Wagon.  I saw it once before but I enjoyed seeing it again.  I have been wondering how everything is at home and what is new but guess I’ll find out most everything when I read the mail so I won’t ask anything now.

I haven’t seen Richard yet.  He may have been here and gone already or maybe he isn’t here yet. 

Hope you like the things I sent home.  I really liked the smoking jacket I sent dad.  Hope it fits OK.  Let me know.  Hope the robe fits Snapper too.  That seemed a little to large but he may be able to wear it later on. (note: I remember the smoking jacket and my robe. It fit just fine.)  Those scarves are Georgett silk.  Hope you like them.  I saw a lot of them I would like to send but thought I would wait till I went on R&R and send some better things.  I should go before to much longer.  Well I don’t have much more to write for now.  I will write later on.  Hope I get back to the company soon.
Lots of Love, Ted

PS  I have some more patches to send Snapper (note: I now have them framed, but I think I have mentioned that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment