Thursday, August 18, 2011

Feb 25, 1954

Thursday Feb 25, 1954

Dear Mom, Dad, and Snapper

I got a letter from Dad last (Feb 18) night and a package (Feb 17) with two spice cakes.  One is gone already.  They sure were good and tasted like they just came out of the over.  Fresh as the day you baked them.  I haven’t got any mail today.  May get some later on tonight.

I got a letter from JQ yesterday.  I just wrote him a letter.

It has rained all day and all last night.  Most rain I have seen since I have been over here.  It isn’t cold.

We had classes most of the day.  This afternoon we had to dig around our tent more so the water wouldn’t wash the tent away.  I took a shower tonight.  The first one I have had since I left Sasebo.  I think I am catching another cold myself.  I guess you are having real good weather in KC now. 

You read the news about Marilyn Monroe I guess.  The 5th went up in trucks to the 40 Div before I got back.  I didn’t get to see her, sure whish I did.  Might get another chance later on. (note: I have noticed dad is beginning to repeat himself.)

I talked to a boy who works in the orderly room.  He said Captain Book put me in for Cpl in Jan and Feb and I was turned down at Regt HQ because I didn’t have enough time as a PFC.  You are supposed to have 2 months in grade to get it.  I might make if this month if I get put in for in (March.)  They have more Cpls than they need right now, so it doesn’t look so good.

How do you like the pictures I have been sending home.  I still have a lot more.  Guess I’ll just send a few in each letter.  I didn’t realize I went so long with out writing any letters.  It is hard to write when you travel because each day you are thinking you are goin to leave where you are so you don’t write.  You should get them more regular from now on.

Well not much more new.  I’ll write you again later on.
Lots of Love, Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment