Friday, August 26, 2011

March 3, 1954

Wed.  March 3, 54

Dear Mom, Dad, and Snapper

I got a letter from Mom Feb 23

I haven't heard any more about Ree sending more troops to China.  He has 16 Div.  He has troops on the front line.  In fact he has more than the US I think.  He still has a lot of troops in the rear training area etc.  They live in tents all over Korea but they don't live good as the US any place they are.

What I was refering to was that if they have troops to spare why not reduce the UN troops.  They told us that in Sasebo.  They said to write home and have the people or organizatios write the president.  I don't know much more about it than that.  Time will change everything I guess.

I don't know of anything I need at the present time in packages.  I am pretty well fixed on everything.

I got the letter of commandation you sent back.  I don't need the certificate.  You keep it.  I have another one form Eta Jima.

Hope you have been gettig the pictures I have been sending.  I still have a lot more to send and another roll to develop.

Haven't heard anymore about moving.  I don't think it will be this Saturday.  It should be this month.

We didn't do much of anything today.  Had a class on the history of the 5th RCT.

I heard some good news today.  The company clerk said the Regt called down and said they could make one cpl out of the company and one PFC.  The clerk said the old man made me a cpl but it wasn't signed yet.  He said I will know tomorrow.  So I am keeping my figers crossed.  Look for cpl on my next letter.

Well I don't know much more to say. We have a USO show tomorrow afternoon.  I will write you later.

Lots of Love, Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment