Saturday, August 6, 2011

Feb 10, 1954

Wed Feb 10, 1954
Sasebo

Well I am still here at Camp Sasebo.  Looks like I will be here for a while.  I never did see Richard.  The ship that came in Sunday with all the guys is gone already to Korea.  He may have been on one.

Monday 3 of us went in to town and had a good time.  First time I have seen the town.  It is fairly big.  Lots of Sailors of all kinds.  The town is high priced on everything.

  Last night I got stuck on guard.  That is the first thing I have done since I have been here. 

I got a line number today for the ship but haven’t had any word on when I am going yet.  I think it will be next Monday.  I am anxious to get back.  I bet I have a lot of mail there.  I am tired of this place.  We traveled good until we get back to this place.  They sure give us a run around.

I don’t know what I will do tonight.  May go to the show or something.

The weather is nice today.  About the best I have seen for quite awhile.  The sun is out bright and it is nice and worm.  It looks like this month will be gone pretty fast by the time I get back to the company.  I’ll miss plenty of cold weather I hope.

I hope when I get back I still have my job or a better one.  I still have a lot of pictures to send but I wanted to show the boys some of them.  So when I do that I will send them all.  A couple of the boys are leaving tomorrow for Pusan.  I think I am going to Inchon.

Well I don’t think I will go to town any more here.  I am about out of money.  Monday night we went to a big Japanese night club.  Had a big dance floor and a 12 piece band.  It was sure something.  Well I will close for now and write you later on.
Love, Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment