Friday, August 5, 2011

Feb 7, 1954

Sunday Feb 7, 54

Dear Mom, Dad, and Snapper

We left Eta Jima yesterday afternoon at .  We got on a train at Kure.  It was a troop train.  Not to big.  All the guys were going to Sasebo and had just finished the CBR Course.  All of us in the MOI split up and about 6 of us stayed together.  We got a car with the officers..  We ate dinner on the train and we had a birth.  We got at Sasebo at this morning.  We got off the train and they took us to the camp.  We ate breakfast and had a clothing shake down.  I guess we are going to get a complete new combat issue here.  I already have everything back at the company.  We finished by and I have been sleeping all afternoon. 

There were about 3000 troops that came in today from the states.  I thought I saw Richard but am not sure.  I think I will look around this evening.  Let me know when he got here incase I don’t find him.  We will trade our clothes tomorrow and I think we will go back Tuesday sometime.  I don’t guess we will have as nice a trip going back as we had coming here.

I sure have enjoyed the trip here. (note: I wonder if the girl he met there had anything to do with it.)  I am ready to go back now though.  It will be good to get a letter form you.  It seems like a long time since I have heard from you. 

Hope you like the package I sent and I hope the one I sent Dad fits.  They only had a large but they said it was small for a large.  It was made in Hong Kong.  They sure have quite a trading business with Hong Kong.  You can buy a tailor made cashmere suit that would cost 175 in the states for 35 to 50 dollars here.

Well I think I will go up to the PX and snack bar and look around.  I’ll write again as soon as I can.
Lots of Love, Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment