Friday, July 29, 2011

Feb 5, 1954

Fri Feb 5, 1954

Dear Mom, Dad, and Snapper

This is my last day in Eta Jima.  I leave tomorrow at .  I sure hast to go back.  I have really enjoyed these two weeks.  I finished the school in good shape.  There were only 10 of us that got our diplomas yesterday.  The rest of the guys had to go back this morning and talk to the instructor.  They gave the rest of us the day off.

I have not done much of anything  today.  Just resting etc.  I have two packages to send.  One for Snapper with you scarves in it and one for Dad.  Yesterday I mailed some valentines.  They didn’t have much variety of cards so the card were not just what I wanted to send.  There are two other packages I wont be able to send till I fill out some cards and have it signed by an officer.  I should get that done by and they will be on their way.  I hope the things are not to heavy to send airmail.  I have been wondering if you got the other things I have sent before Xmas and if they got there not broke up.

I guess I have a lot of mail back at the company.  I’ll be glad to read them and find out what is new at home.  I have been wondering home Jim and Rosalyn are now.  I guess they have moved by now.

They say it is cold over in Korea now.  More than it has been.

Hope you like the pictures I sent in the valentines.  I still have a lot more to send.  I’ll send them right away.  I saw the Noritake China again.  There are several patterns to pick from.  I don’t have enough money to get it this time but I will have on R&R.  (note:  I don not recall Dad ever sending the China.  He might have been but it never made any impression on me.  I know my grandmother had China but don’t know where it was from or where it is now.)  I will probably go in a month or so. 

Here is a picture of Kiyoko Shimokawa and myself.  I took these with my camera.  She sure is a nice girl.  She is on the quiet side.  Works at the PX.  Have some more pictures to send.  Will send them later on.  I’ll write soon.
Love, Ted.  (note:  Dad has mentioned this “nice girl” before but I don’t recall anyone ever saying anything about it.  It will be interesting to see if I come across any pictures of her or if there is any further discussion about her.)

No comments:

Post a Comment