Saturday, November 12, 2011

May 19, 1954

Wed  May 19, 1954

Dear Mom, Dad, and Snapper

I had a letter this evening, May 12.  Guess everything is going OK at home.  I don't have much to write about.  Not much new here.  right now it is 630pm and I am writing this letter outside.  I had a letter from Jim and Rosalyn tonight.  She said Jim and her had broken up and were going to get a divorce.  I was much surprised at it.  I didn't expect them to stay married as long as they did.  She didn't say much about it.  I have been wondering if you had heard anything.(note: this is the couple that lost their baby boy.)

I think I will go to the show tonight and see Moulin Rouge. I saw it before but I think I'll see it again.




The first sgt called me over to talk to him this morning and said, "Mac you didn't make it this month."  I said, "Maybe next month."  I guess I didn't have enough time in grade.  I hope I can get put in again this next month for June. 

Most everyone calls me Mac.  I have never heard anyone call me Ted till I saw Arkie.  I got some more pictures last night which I'll start sending you.  Some are pretty good.  I sent a roll of color film off and I should get them back in about 3 weeks.  They will be slides.  I'll send them to you when I get them.  Well I don't know much more to write about.  So I will close for now.
Lots of Love, Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment