Sunday, November 20, 2011

May 22, 1954

Saturday May 22, 54

Dear Mom, Dad, and Snapper

How are you doing back home.  It sure rains here quite a bit.  All thought it hasn't today.  last night after guard we got ready for our hut inspection today.  After that I went to eh show ans saw "The Prisoner of Casbah."  Today we had our inspection and it went OK.  I haven't done much of anything today but lay around.  I had a letter from Dad last night dated May 14.  I had one from Jim.  He said his divorce was this month and he had a re classification with his draft board as 1A.  Thinks he will be going to the army before long.  Said he didn't know how to hexplain it to you.  He is still in Springfield I guess.
I am going to the show tonight and see "Tumbleweed."  I don't know what I will do tomorrow.  Guess I'll go to church in the AM and then I might go into town in the afternoon. 


We just got two new replacements in the this evening for my section.  I will probably get one for my squad as my asst. gunner as my my present one is going home Monday morning.  I haven't seen them yet and don't know where they are from.

Well o mail came in tonight.  I might get some tomorrow.  I am sending you in another envelope a couple of our Georgetown news papers.  Thought you might like to read them.
Love, Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment