Sunday, November 6, 2011

May 16, 1954



Sunday  May 16, 1954

Dear Mom, Dad, and Snapper

Well I started off today by going to church this morning.  That's about all I have done today but eat and lay around.  Last night I went to the show and saw Donavon's Brain.  It was a good picture.  I am not a guard today so I think I'll go tonight and see the Sward and the Rose.  This is my turn to be off guard.  I'll get to take it easy tomorrow.



The first Sgt told me yesterday that I was going to be the training aid NCO.  I will do it besides my other jobs.  Each week when the training schedule comes out.  I will contact the platoon sgts or the instructors for that week and see what training aids they need such as maps, charts, manuals etc.  Then I will order the from Pusan (Regt HQ)  The job wont be to bad.  There will probably be films too.  So far I haven't had to give any classes.  I might later on.  Lt Wheeler told me that when the 4th platoon gave PT I was going to give part of the exercises.

We didn't get any mail last night.  There was a typhoon in Japan and it stopped the mail.  We might get some tonight.



 I haven't  heard any new rumors.  It sure didn't take Carlen Talentt long to get out of the army after his Dad wrote the Senator. (note:  this is the second time Dad mentions him, don't have any idea who it is.)  I guess you can get things done that way. 

Well I don't know much of anything new to write about.  I haven't heard from Jim or anyone else lately.  Well hope Snapper has a nice birthday.  Lots of Love
Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment